Want to find an easier and no-equipment way to tone up those upper body muscles? A Bodyweight Punches Exercise is what you need!
Punches is a very simple exercise that doesn’t need any equipment and uses only your bodyweight. When doing this exercise, you need to make sure that your technique is accurate. Otherwise, you may just be flailing your arms around which doesn’t benefit any of your muscles at all. Hence, you need a guide, and you are on the right page for that.
Benefits Of Punches
While most other types of workouts focus on gaining strength and sculpting the muscles, Punches goes beyond that — it also helps relieve stress. Primarily, it tones up your core, upper body arms, and shoulders effectively. The muscle groups it works on are as follows:
- Latissimus dorsi
- Lower trapezius
How To Perform The Punches
Performing the punches requires an accurate position before executing those power blows. Moreover, it is a do-anywhere exercise. So wherever you are, you can go ahead and try this. Here is the step-by-step guide on how to do the punches.
- Start with your legs hip-width apart.
- Place your dominant foot forward slightly.
- Slightly bend your knees.
- Hold your arms up in a guard position in front of your face.
- Bend your arms to 90 degrees at the elbow
- Starting with your dominant arm first, punch out your arm forward so that your elbow locks.
- The target of your punch should be straight in front of you at shoulder height. Your palm should be facing the floor.
- Bring the arm back to the guard position and repeat with the left arm.
A famous Bollywood actor once said that the key to reaching your goal is to focus not on the top but on the steps you make to reach it. Patience, control, and accuracy of execution are always what you need in achieving any goal. These principles especially apply to fitness.
Lastly, doing Punches is a great way to relieve stress. You can also do it every morning to kickstart your day.
So, there you have it! If you would like to watch a demo, check out the video below.
Credits: 30 DAY FITNESS CHALLENGES/YouTube