Men’s Walking Warrior Lunge
Men today are stepping up to the challenge of becoming more active and healthy. One way they are doing this is by walking in Warrior Lunge Form. This exercise has been shown to help with overall fitness, strength, balance, and coordination. When doing a Warrior Lunge, one foot is in front of the other. The weight of the body is shifted to the front leg which helps to build strength and stability in that leg. This helps with balance by creating a more stable base of support for proper posture and movement. Warrior Lunges are a great exercise for any fitness level. They can be performed in a gym, at home, or outdoors.
Warm-Up Before Each Exercise
Start with a 5-10 minute warm-up. This will get your heart rate up and make you more comfortable with the exercises to come. Do not go too fast during the warm-up.
- Lower with your weight on your forward heel.
- Don’t let your hips open up at the bottom. Keep them squared forward.
- Keep your lower back neutral by pulling your ribs down with your abs and keeping your abs tight. Don’t let your back arch.
- At the bottom position, rotate your shoulders toward your forward knee.
- Drive upward with your weight rooted through the heel of your forward foot.
- Keep your knee tracked straight ahead over your toes.